Sunday, October 19, 2008

adrenaline into your soul

It has been a pretty rough semester. The fear of failure rolls through my head daily. I really haven't been reading the word much either, maybe 2-3 times a week. But, I want to share what I read the other night. I will bold and italicize what jumped out to me.

Strip down, start running--and never quit! No extra spiritual fat, no parasitic sins. Keep your eyes on Jesus, who both began and finished this race we're in. Study how he did it. Because he never lost sight of where he was headed--that exhilarating finish in and with God--he could put up with anything along the way: cross, shame, whatever. And now he's there, in the place of honor, right alongside God. When you find yourselves flagging in your faith, go over that story again, item by item, that long litany of hostility he plowed through. That will shoot adrenaline into your souls!

Hebrews 12:1-4 (Message)

So, I will be reading through the crucifixion from each of the gospels, item by item, in search of adrenaline to my soul...I will not quit!

2 Comments:

Blogger austin said...

oh man bryan... waht a great passage and a great rewording of the text. i know i'm not really there to know what things are like...

but i believe in you bryan. i know fear of failure rolls through our lives at times, but man, you aren't a bit average. not in any way. and i'm glad some adrinaline got shot into your soul!

by the way, what can separate us from the love of Jesus?

October 20, 2008 at 5:34 AM  
Blogger B. Simp said...

nothing, not even when the red sox lose in game 7 of the ALCS (shallow, i know). not fear, failure, or being a broke college kid again...

October 20, 2008 at 10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home