Wednesday, September 3, 2008

the word, alive

These words came alive to me in my bedroom last night! I have noticed over the past year or two that the message really compliments my bible reading. To be real honest, I haven't been reading much lately and have been feeling very apathetic. However, last night I suddenly got the urge to read and picked up where I had left off from a couple of weeks ago. This really spoke to me about not being given up on and how God's word is not bound to jail, my bedroom, or simply words being on a page. These words reassured me how alive my God and his word is!

Fix this picture firmly in your mind: Jesus, descended from the line of David, raised from the dead. It's what you've heard from me all along. It's what I'm sitting in jail for right now, but God's Word isn't in jail! That's why I stick it out here so that everyone God calls will get in on the salvation of Christ in all its glory. This is a sure thing:

If we die with him, we'll live with him;
If we stick it out with him, we'll rule with him;
If we turn our backs on him, he'll turn his back on us;
If we give up on him, he does not give up--
for there's no way he can be false to himself.

2 Timothy 2:8-13 (message)

please share with me your thoughts

2 Comments:

Blogger austin said...

wonderful post bryan! oh man... i like it.

the part that caught my attention most and twists my heart as im sitting here in a coffee shop before going to meet some students is this,

"if we give up, he will not give up."

beautiful. beautiful. even when we are faithless and have had enough, the spirit and person of Jesus presses forward with hope, love, mercy, and justice... i imagine his mind and eyes are still, "set like flint toward Jerusalem" as they were when he began his walk to the cross. his spirit will not be persuaded to give up hope. he will not shy away when it is hard. his way is good and will press on... and that gives us hope to do the same.

thanks bryan.

September 4, 2008 at 7:46 PM  
Blogger Kirk said...

I'm with Austin. The simple profundity of that phrase gives me such hope for students and their parents here in Austin, Texas. Goodness, it gives me hope for me. "he will not give up."

I'm glad to find your blog buddy.

September 8, 2008 at 10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home